Even though some days it doesn’t feel like it, Spring is FINALLY here! If you are a homeowner, there are a few to do’s to help you get your home ready and organized for spring.
1. Have your roof checked for any possible winter damage. Spring rain will be here before we know it! Check for shingles that may have been blown off. Look in your attic area to detect potential leaks from ice damage.
2. Time to freshen up the mulch beds, put down fertilizer and appropriate weed control to your lawn. Having the outside of your home looking great will boost your curb appeal and you’ll enjoy having your home look great!
3. Get your lawn tools out and tuned up! Almost time to get the lawn mower out… Remove the blade, get it sharpened. Ensure you have NEW gas mixture for your mower.
4. Change out your A/C Filters, dust around the air condition vents / intakes and ceiling fans. They’ve been collecting dust for a few months. Having these cleaned will help ensure that when you do turn on the air conditioning, you won’t be circulating extra dust & pollen throughout your home.
5. Check the batteries to your smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors as well as a sump pump battery back up if you have one.
Enjoy the Spring weather and time at home with your family!
If during your spring cleaning, you find any damage to your home or you need the assistance of a general contractor, feel free to call The Char MacCallum Real Estate Group at 913-782-8857.