We’ve had a lot of buyers out looking for homes this past week. The Char MaCallum Team has a couple of tips as the market shifts from a buyer’s market. It’s good to know how to improve your chances to have the seller accept your offer!
Once you decide on a home, don’t waste time; write an offer and submit it as soon as possible. Competing with another buyer happens more frequently than you’d expect. It’s happened several times these past week to our buyers agents on The Char MacCallum Team! Multiple offers are a seller’s advantage but here are some tips to level the playing field:
- Realistic offer – don’t give the impression you’re trying to “steal” the property. Submit comparable sales that justify your offer.
- Pre-approval letter – this satisfies seller’s biggest concern that an unqualified buyer will unnecessarily take the home off the market and the seller will lose other opportunities.
- More earnest money – it shows you’re serious and makes the seller feel like the contract will actually close.
- Minimize contingencies – from a seller’s standpoint, each contingency is one more reason why the sale won’t go through. They feel the home is “off the market” and they’re in limbo.
- Shorten inspection period – your agent can help you set a reasonable date but let the seller know you’re willing to close prior to that if possible.
- Write a personal letter to the seller telling them why you want their home – this can be the emotional connection to the seller that makes the difference in you getting the home.